Kimberley Broome to Broome via Tunnel Creek Windjana Geike Gorge Mimbi Caves Bungle Bungles 5 Days
- Trvanie: 5 Dní (cca.)
- Poloha: Broome
- Kód produktu: 20KBBT5
CURRENT PRICE REFLECTS FULLY ACCOMMODATED TOUR
Kimberley Broome to Broome via Windjana Gorge Mimbi Caves Bungle Bungles 5 Days
Kimberley Broome to Broome via Windjana Gorge Mimbi Caves Bungle Bungles 5 Days or reverse via Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles & Savannah Way - Broome to Broome. Includes small group 4WD transport (Toyota Landcruiser GXL), walks at Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek, Bungle Bungles, Geike Gorge Fitzroy River cruise, Mimbi Caves experience (optional- see extras when booking) and an optional heli flight over Bungle Bungles.
Arrive a day earlier to enjoy Broome's famous Cable Beach, or a scenic flight to the Horizontal Waterfalls or visit the Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Great shopping in Broome's balmy climate too !
Day 1 - Depart from Broome for Derby and visit the infamous prison Boab tree, and then Derby highlights including the Derby wharf (30 ft tides!) on King Sound, the worlds longest cattle drinking trough, the new Mowanjum Art Centre (meet the artists, learn and buy from source) at Mowanjum Aboriginal Community. Depart from Derby for mystical Windjana Gorge and a gorge walk at this special creation “waterhole”. Meet the local freshwater crocodiles and exotic bird life (maybe even a rare Gouldian Finch) in this eerie, ancient seabed environment. Depart Windjana for Tunnel Creek & walk through this 700m cave river system to a special waterhole. We then travel through sweeping Kimberley grasslands and cattle country to cross the flood plains of the Fitzroy River. Check in at our accommodation at Fitzroy Crossing before a relaxing night and tasty evening meal, with a chance to meet some of the locals. L
Day 2 - This morning enjoy a 1 hour cruise in Geike Gorge on the mighty Fitzroy River. Includes time to visit Aboriginal Art centres at Fitzroy Crossing & Halls Creek. Travel on to our overnight accommodation or camping spot either Bungles Bungles Safari Park (safari tents & cabins may be available) or turkey Creek for 2 overnights. BLD
Day 3 - A day tour with heli flight option in the Bungles Bungles in Purnululu National Park - Experience the extraordinary Bungle Bungles by 4WD. Includes Echidna Chasm trail, Picanninny Creek, Cathedral Gorge walk & Beehive Domes. Helicopter flight options available - see extras when booking. Return to our sleeping place for the night BLD
Day 4 - Return to Halls Creek and view the China Wall, a stunning geological quartz intrusion in the landscapes that goes for hundreds of kilometres This is what attracted the gold miners in the1800s, and made Halls Creek one of the first major towns in the region. Visit Marys Pool, by the riverside and a major attraction for native birds including brolga, corellas, jabiru, and crocodiles. Travel on to scenic views from Ngumban Cliffs, then Mimbi Caves, in the Devonian Reef. Here our local Bunuba Aboriginal guides offer a 2 hours experience through this fascinating labyrinth of caves which includes rock art and stunning underground pools. Overnight Fitzroy Crossing. BL
Day 5 - After breakfast enjoy a relaxing Geike Gorge river cruise on the vast Fitzroy River, and marvel at the high cliffs, annual flood records, stunning wildlife and river tales from our knowledgeable local guide. Learn of the local flora, Birdlife and wildlife,including crocodiles, Fairy Martins, kites, maybe some brolgas and the pretty Agile Wallabies.
A short bushwalk through the fascinating ancient Devonian limestone
reef is also recommended. Returning to Broome via the Savannah Way, we stop for a break at one of the largest Boab Trees in the Kimberley, said to be over 1000 years old. Arrive at Broome in the afternoon in time for Cable Beach sunset. BL
- Bungle Bungles ground tour to Echidna Chasm, Cathedral Gorge & Picanniny Creek
- Optional Bungle Bungles helicopter flights
- Geike Gorge Cruise
- Mimbi Caves optional experience (extra cost - see extras)
- Professional and experienced driver / guides
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Access to remote areas and rock art sites unreachable by most tour vehicles
- Delicious meals as shown, including vegetarian optional. Celebration dinner at journey end.
- Accommodated sleeping upgrade to cabins or hotels if available (book early) - see extras
- CURRENT PRICE REFLECTS FULLY ACCOMMODATED TOUR
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for "direct from artist" purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- You - and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
- 2 dinners in a restaurant, Alcohol
- Flights to and from departure points