Pilbara Karratha Karijini Ningaloo Tours 7 days
- Duración: 6 Días (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: WA
- Código de producto: 20PKC7
7 days Pilbara Karratha Karijini Tours from Karratha including Millstream Chichester and Karijini National Parks in the Pilbara with extra day option from Broome. Includes 2 nights in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & optional Tom Price mine tour. 1 night Karratha, 1 night Chilla Station, 2 nights Exmouth for Ningaloo Reef tour and whaleshark swim – Fully catered, motel & Karijini Eco Retreat accommodated.
- Karratha / Dampier Rio Tinto port and LNG Plant visitors centre
- Burrup Rock Art – on Dampier Peninsula – complex figures and art around 30,000 years old
- Red Dog Memorial at Dampier
- Millstream – Chichester National Park – incl Python Pool and the paperbark springs walk at old Millstream Station by the Fortescue River
- Hammersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price.
- Hammersley Gorge
- Tom Price Mine Tour option or more time at Karijini
- 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore Karijini National Park amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Hammersley Gorge, Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools.
- 1 night Cheela Plains Station Stay
- Coral Bay or Exmouth 2 nights for Ningaloo Reef tour and whale shark tour and swim
- Option to extend to Cape Range National Park and Exmouth overnight or fy out or extend to Perth
Pickup in Port Hedland or Karratha. Tour includes 3 days in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & Tom Price or Whaleback Newman mine tour, nights in Port Hedland, Karratha, Marble Bar & Karijini Eco Retreat. Optionally arrive Broome the day before to enjoy Broome, a Cable Beach swim and dinosaur footprints at Gantheaume Point – needs low tide.
Day 1 – From Karratha travel to Dampier to Burrup rock art on the Dampier Archipelago to see unique rock art which is the World’s largest collection of petroglyphs, Visit the Red Dog memorial (the film star) and view the Rio Tinto / Hammersley Iron Railway & port facilities and Karratha beach before overnight in Karratha.
Day 2 – We travel and picnic in Millstream National Park, on the banks of the Forteque River, and enjoy the paperbark springs walk at old Millstream Station. Travel through the Hamersley Ranges, via the special access Hamersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price (lookout viewing and mine tour option) and overnight at Karijini Eco Retreat for 2 nights
Days 3, 4 – Experience awesome gorges of Karijini National Park views, walks, waterfalls & swim options including at Oxer lookout, and Fortescue, Hancock, Dales, Red, Joffre and Knox Gorges, and Fern & Circular Pools. Overnight Karijini Eco Retreat for 2 nights.
Day 4 – Depart Karijini - optional Tom Price Rio Tinto Iron Ore mine tour available.and travel via Paraburdoo and Witternoon Roads to Cheela Plains Station Stay for overnight
Day 5 – Travelling through vast Pilbara landscapes. We cross the Ashburton River via Nanutarra and enter the Gascoyne Region to arrive at the Indian Ocean at Coral Bay. Explore this fascinating coral reef area including Bills Bay before overnight
Day 6 – Ningaloo Reef tour and whale shark swim – a full day of adventure on the water and in the water to swim with the whale sharks. Swimming optional. Overnight in ExmouthThis days options include –
- Ningaloo Reef – glass bottom boat cruise OR swim OR optional Yardie Creek Boat Tour OR optional extra swim with whale sharks - approximately $410 per person
- Jurabi Turtle Sanctuary
- Cape Range National Park
Day 7 – Tour completes at 10 am for flights direct from Coral Bay to Perth, or option to extend to Cape Range National Park and Exmouth overnight or fy out or extend to Perth
The Tom Price Rio Tinto Mine – The Mount Tom price mine is owned by Rio Tinto / Hamersley Iron and operated by Pilbara iron. The mine was developed in 1966, and is a massive ore body eight kilometres long and more than one kilometre wide. In 2004 the mine moved over 45Mt of material and produced over 18Mt of iron ore.
Who was Tom Price – The town was named after Thomas Moore Price, who worked for the American company, Kaiser Steel. He arrived in the area in the early 1960’s to appraise deposits of ore and was instrumental in convincing the mining companies that it was worth mining here. He also played a major role in lobbying the State & Federal Governments to allow mining to proceed and for the ore to be exported. In September 1962 at the age of 71. Thomas Moore returned to America. He died from a heart attack whilst at his desk, only two hours after being advised of the very rich ore deposit discovered on the mountain here. In recognition of Thomas Moore Price and his efforts during the foundation of the industry, the mountain and our town, Tom Price was named after him.
The team at Spirit Safaris will get you there safely and swiftly, with plenty of time for fun and exploring these amazing places.
Our modern Toyota Landcruiser 4WD vehicles mean you travel in small private groups in comfort to access areas others can’t reach.
Join us on this Pilbara Pilbara Karratha Karijini Ningaloo Tours to better understand Australia’s & your future !!! – Please ASK or Book Tour
Excludes day 6 activities as these may vary per person