Karijini Pilbara Karratha Tours from Broome
- Duración: 6 Días (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Broome, WA
- Código de producto: 20PBB6
Pilbara, Karijini National Park, Karratha & Marble Bar Tours from Broome or pickup in Port Hedland or Karratha
6 days Pilbara Karratha Karijini Tours from Broome including Karijini National Park in the Pilbara with Karratha & Marble Bar Tours from Broome, Port Hedland & Karratha – includes 3 days in Karijini National Park to explore amazing gorges, walks & waterholes & optional Tom Price or Newman mine tour, 1 night Port Hedland, Karratha, & Marble Bar, 3 days / 2 nights in Karijini National Parks. 6 days/ 5 nights from Broome return to Broome or exit Port Hedland – Fully catered, and motel accommodated & Karijini Eco Retreat. Newman departure options – Please ask.
TAILORED TOURS AVAILABLE – If you prefer a different itinerary PLEASE ASK –
6 day Itinerary Highlights for Pilbara Karratha Karijini Tours from Broome include –
- 80 Mile Beach – drive on the beach, meet the locals and enjoy the many varied shells & corals Historic Cossack and famous Art Centre – West Australi’s first northern port & pearling area Burrup Rock Art – on Dampier Peninsula – complex figures and art around 30,000 years old
- Millstream – Chichester National Park – incl Python Pool and the paperbark springs walk at old Millstream Station by the Fortescue River
- 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat to explore Karijini National Park amazing wildflowers, gorges, walks & water holes & Hammersley Gorge, Oxer, Joffre, Fortescue, Hancock, Dales gorges, Fern & Circular Pools.
- Tom Price Mine Tour option or more time at Karijini
- Port Hedland docks – watch BHPs iron ore exports leave this massive port (southbound tour) or Marble Bar, Shay Gap & De Grey River crossing on Northbound tour
- Hammersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price.
- Karratha / Dampier Rio Tinto port and LNG Plant visitors centre
- Hamersley Ranges
- Red Dog Memorial at Dampier
Details of Pilbara, Karijini, Karratha & Marble Bar Tours – 6 Days
Day 1 - Tour commences from Broome Monday 8 am. We travel the Northern Highway through extensive cattle country to Port Hedland. Enroute enjoy a (short) walk on 80 Mile Beach. Visit the Port Hedland docks, exporting the worlds largest shipments of iron ore from BHPs railhead & storage facility. BLD
Day 2 – Travel over the De Grey River, and through this unique Pilbara landscape via Roebourne with its famous art exhibition and historic buildings, to Burrup rock art on the Dampier Archipelago to see unique rock art which is the World’s largest collection of petroglyphs, Visit the Red Dog memorial (the film star) and view the Rio Tinto / Hammersley Iron Railway & port facilities and Karratha beach before overnight in Karratha. BLD
Day 3 – We travel and picnic in Millstream National Park, on the banks of the Forteque River, and enjoy the paperbark springs walk at old Millstream Station. Travel through the Hamersley Ranges, via the special access Hamersley Iron / Rio Tinto Railway Road to Tom Price (lookout viewing and mine tour option) and overnight at Karijini Eco Retreat (or alternative campground if unavailable) for 2 nights. BLD
Days 3, 4, 5 – Experience awesome gorges of Karijini National Park views, walks, waterfalls & swim options including at Oxer lookout, and Fortescue, Hancock, Dales, Red, Joffre and Knox Gorges, and Fern & Circular Pools. Optional Tom Price Rio Tinto Iron Ore mine tour available BLD
Day 5 – Depart Karijini late morning and travel the Great Northern Highway and 4WD back roads to Marble Bar & the Comet Gold Mine with gems and minerals displays. Overnight Marble Bar. Dinner at the geologists favourite Iron Clad Hotel BLD
Day 6 – Vist the Chinamans Pool and Marble Bar a rock formation across the Coongan River. The rock is actually Jasper (not marble) and creates a stunning backdrop. Geology enthusiasts will enjoy the spectacular outcrops and appreciate the chance to see some of the oldest Archaean Rocks in the world. We check out the highlights of this fascinating and once-thriving town of Marble Bar, with the world record for the hottest town on the planet. Depart via Shay Gap with old mining history, with a tea stop at the mighty De Grey River, then on via Pardoo & Sandfire. Arrive Broome early evening or exit tour at Port Hedland (approx.11am) for flights or coach etc. Tour may run in reverse BL
The Tom Price Rio Tinto Mine – The Mount Tom price mine is owned by RioTinto / Hamersley Iron and operated by Pilbara iron. The mine was developed in 1966, and is a massive ore body eight kilometres long and more than one kilometre wide. In 2004 the mine moved over 45Mt of material and produced over 18Mt of iron ore.
Join us on this tour in the Pilbara to better understand Australia’s & your future !!! – Please ASK or Book Tour
The team at Spirit Safaris will get you there safely and swiftly, with plenty of time for fun and exploring these amazing places. Our modern Toyota Landcruiser 4WD vehicles mean you travel in small private groups in comfort to access areas others can’t reach.
Accommodation at Karijini Eco Lodge and motels is included